Wednesday, August 7, 2013

13.1 Reasons To Run


13. 1 REASONS WHY I RUN

To thank God for giving me the ability and strength to run. 
To prove that age is just a number!
To be an example for my family, friends, and students.
To inspire others to go after a goal.
To prove that if it is important to you, you WILL find a way.
To prove to myself that I am getting stronger every day.
To realize that yes, I am a runner.
To feel alive.
To lose myself in the run.
To enjoy every step, moment, which brings me closer to my goal.
To stay a fit mama!
To fit into my skinny jeans! :)
To SMASH my PR!
And finally the .1 reason is plain and simple: To feel happy & healthy!

My current goal is to run my best half marathon race on October 20, 2013! I'm going after it and working hard. This time of the year gets really tricky for me as a teacher and mom. I'm right in the thick of getting my classroom ready and preparing for the back to school routine. Training can get really difficult to fit in with many commitments pulling me in many different directions. I can only hope for the best. So today before I drop off my son at basketball camp, run over to my school, clean up the house for company visiting tomorrow, and get in a training run and kickboxing, I thought I would share with you some of my personal reasons why I run. 


Any runners out there who can relate to any of my reasons why I run? Leave a comment about why you run. Do you have any goals that you are working for? I would love to hear from you.

Gotta run!
Em




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Powered by FeedBurner