Saturday, July 27, 2013

The ABC's of Me

When I ask my husband, "Why did you do that?" His typical answer is, "I don't know, it's the ABC's of me." Oh that drives me crazy because he thinks he's throwing me off course by throwing that line out there. I don't let it get to me anymore, I simply walk away and make him wonder what I'm thinking. :)

Apparently there is a popular questionnaire being answered by bloggers willing to share a little more info about themselves with their captive audiences. I'm sure some of you have seen this out in cyber land, it's called: The ABC's of Me. While I'm sure that I'm not all that interesting, I decided that I would share a little more with you. The title caught my attention and the teacher in me just couldn't resist. So here I go...

A. Attached or Single? Happily attached to the "ABC's of me guy" and proud to be by his side in this journey we call life.  I can still remember meeting him for the first time at a welcome back to campus party. I was a cheerleader, and he was a football player and well as they say, the rest is history!

B. Best Girlfriend? I have many girlfriends in my life that make my life so much richer with the gift of friendship. It's really hard for me to single out one person. However, if I have to pick one, then I can honestly say that my sister is my BFF. See pic below under letter N. 

C. Cake or Pie? Pie of course - apple or pumpkin pie. 

D. Day of the week? Sunday - family day. 

E. Essential item? My phone. I need it to keep my busy life organized! 

F. Favorite color? Shades of Gray. My students at school started calling me the "shades of gray teacher" and I had to kindly ask them to NOT refer to me by this name! Yikes. I've been trying to mix more color into my life!

G. Gummy bears or worms? Easy - gummy bears! I have been known to buy a bag and stash them in my car...

H. Hometown? Bay City, MI

I. Favorite Indulgence? Beach vacations. I love Mexico.


J. January or July? July for sure! I love summertime and all the activities that it brings. 


K. Kids? Three blessings who call me Mom. Notice the color palate that the kids are wearing? :)


L. Life isn't complete without? My faith in God and my family. 

M. Marriage date? July 1995

N. Number of brothers/sisters? I have one sister, Erin. She is my go to person, my sounding board. We are practically "twins". :) I'm adopted but pretty much grew up thinking that I'm German! 
O. Oranges or Apples? HONEY CRISP APPLES! Absolutely worth the extra cash!

P. Phobias? Heights! Good thing I'm a petite lady! Despite my fear, I did manage to zip line in Mexico above the jungle. I thought I was going to panic when I stepped up on the platform, but the guy shoved me off before I could protest - and after a scream or two, I LOVED IT! 

Q. Favorite quote? Do I have to pick one? I love quotes. Words move me. I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to them. http://pinterest.com/emseltz/words-that-speak-to-me/ 

R. Reason to smile? My life is filled with blessings that make me smile. I love memories that can make me smile no matter what is going on in my life at the moment. Ironic that I have another Pinterest board dedicated to things that make me smile. http://pinterest.com/emseltz/that-made-me-smile/
S. Season of choice? I LOVE FALL! Plus that's my favorite running season. 

T. Tag 5 people. 
1. My friend Kristin blogs at http://coresportstudio.com/blog/
3. +Matt MacDonald  aka as Captain Michigan, is an ever positive force and a fellow Michigander who blogs at http://captainmichigan.blogspot.com
4. +Steve Broderick is a fellow teacher from across the pond and here is a recent post from his running blog http://www.valeultras.blogspot.co.uk/
5. +Raina SmallTownRunner is a lovely person who spreads happiness on Google+ with her running posts. 

U. Unknown fact about me? I have a big crush on Adam Levine. Now you know. 

V. Favorite vegetable? Spinach. Love it.

W. Worst habit? I have a Diet Coke problem...help!

X. X-Ray or Ultrasound? Umm no question - ultrasound. Fell in awe of the miracle of life when I saw my three children at just 12 weeks old.

Y. Your favorite food? I love Mexican food. I could eat Chipolte every day.

Z. Zodiac sign? Libra. Personally I don't put much thought into what sign I am, however here is a list of traits of libras. Interesting. I wonder what my family & friends would say. I can think of a few of these that apply to me. Hmmm.
Diplomatic and urbane
Romantic and charming
Easygoing and sociable
Idealistic and peaceable

Indecisive and changeable
Gullible and easily influenced
Flirtatious and self-indulgent

Well, that was fun. I hope that you enjoyed this snippet of my life. I would love it if you picked one letter of the alphabet and left me your personal response. Thanks for playing along. If you have a blog, play nice and answer the ABC's of Me questions and spread some more happiness.


Keep Smiling - Emily :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Powered by FeedBurner